TRACE 700 Program Features
The TRACE™ 700 Advantage
TRACE 700 enables building designers to optimize the building, system and equipment designs on the basis of energy utilization and life-cycle cost.
The software facilitates analysis of the energy and economic effects of virtually any chiller plant configuration by allowing users to manipulate a wide range of variables and create a profile of their specific building.
- Under floor air distribution systems
- Active and passive chilled-beam systems
- Displacement ventilation systems
- Variable refrigerant flow systems
- Dedicated outdoor air systems
- Airside economizers
- Optimum stop/start
- Fan-pressure optimization
- ASHRAE Standard 62.1/CO2 -based, demand-controlled ventilation (DCV)
- Energy recovery (total-energy wheel, Trane CDQ, coil-runaround loop)
- Supply-air-temperature reset
- Drag-and-drop room assignments
- Chiller Plant Wizard (decoupled arrangement, parallel series, variable-primary flow, switchover control)
- Thermal energy storage
- Direct-fired absorption chillers
- Low-flow chilled water
- Free cooling (plate-and-frame, refrigerant migration, strainer cycle, double-bundle heat recovery)
- Cooling tower with VFD
- Chiller-tower optimization
- Domestic hot water
- Air/water-cooled chillers
- Air/water-cooled unitary
- Water-source heat pumps
- Ground-source heat pumps
- Electric resistance heat
- Gas-fired heat exchanger
- Default Equipment
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2004
- ASHRAE Standard 90.1-2007
- Templates allow same room criteria to be entered once and applied to (or changed in) an unlimited number of rooms.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) in the form of a gbXML import from CAD (e.g. Revit), allows users to conduct extensive load and energy calculations in TRACE 700.
- Choose from nearly 500 pre-defined weather locations or import weather data from TMY, TMY2,TMY3, TRY, WY2, CEC, CTZ, CWC, and IWEC files. Models can be calculated using a reduced year weather file allowing for quick results or a full-year model can be run accounting for every hour of the year. View the list of International weather data.
- ASHRAE Standard 62 Ventilation Rate Procedure during the design process to calculate the correct amount of outdoor air to be introduced at the air handler.
- ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 140 - tested in compliance with Standard Method of Test for the Evaluation of Building Energy Analysis Computer Programs. Read the confirmation letter.
- LEED analysis - ability to model proposed and baseline models from ASHRAE Standard 90.1 for LEED analysis.